Next Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate

I’ve decided to focus my next certification efforts on the AWS Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C01), choosing it as my first associate-level target for a couple of reasons. The first is as a result of passing the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam, AWS gifted me a voucher that provides a 50% discount in the exam cost, effectively reducing it from the normal $150 cost to $75. The second is I’ve previously purchased two Udemy resources that come strongly recommended on the forums I visit to gain insight relative to certification exams.

The first resource is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Course. The cost for this and the other Udemy course vary depending on when you attempt a purchase. Today’s price, according to the Udemy website is $17.59.

The second resource is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Practice Exams. Today’s price, according to the Udemy website is $14.29.

The course contains 13 hours of video lessons and additional resources that include two practice exams. I’ll be taking an additional six practice exams that are available in the second Udemy resource (Practice Exams). If successful my total monetary investment for this certification will be around $110. The option of taking this exam at home is not available and I am required to utilize PSI as the testing site vendor in order to take advantage of the voucher discount. There are not as many test sites available when compared with PearsonVue.

Because of workload conflicts, the first available date for taking the exam will be around January 20th. That gives me a little over three (3) weeks to complete study efforts before taking the exam.

One thought on “Next Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate