Azure Fundamentals Certification Obtained; Next Move Towards Cloud Associate Certifications

There are some pains associated with the PearsonVue system that allows you to take certification exams from the comfort of your home, but overall it has been a path I’ll continue to follow when it is available. Beginning Tuesday and continuing through Wednesday (yes, Christmas Day), I focused on the free learning content available from Microsoft for its Azure Fundamentals certification. As a result of this effort, I received 9 badges and a “trophy” for completing the available course (there were 9 modules in the course).

The test as to the value of this content happened this morning when I raced through the 40+ questions in about that many minutes, obtaining a “pass” for the exam.

What’s next? Well, it will either be the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or the Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate​. Today I’m undecided. Factors that have me leaning towards the Azure path first are:

• The exam can be taken at home.
  • Microsoft has learning content that is available to the public at no cost that is specifically directed at their associate-level certification.

Unfortunately, neither of these benefits appears to be available, for the AWS associate-level certification. I’ll announce my decision later this week in another blog posting.

One thought on “Azure Fundamentals Certification Obtained; Next Move Towards Cloud Associate Certifications