Now A Current MCSE — No Need to Take 70-247 Exam

Luck is on my side.  This evening I reviewed my Microsoft transcript with the purpose of seeing if my passing the 70-246 would show.  It was there, but more surprisingly at the top of the list of “Active Microsoft Certifications” was the “Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.”  I thought it was a mistake, but it isn’t (see the graphic below).  On a web page describing the new MCSE certification, the following line explains why I have the certification:

“Until January 31, 2013, you can take Exam 659 in place of 247 to count towards the Private Cloud certification.”

The 70-659 was one of the required exams I took to obtain the MCITP: Virtualization Administration certification. Needless to say, I’m really thrilled at the opportunity to avoid spending the money and taking the 70-247 exam.  So now I can return to working on the HIT Pro Trainer certification.

One final note with regard to this new MCSE.  It looks as though it has a continuing education requirement.  The same web page states:

“This MCSE certification requires you to show continued ability to perform in your chosen solution area by completing a recertification exam every three years.”