MCSA – Server 2012

The relatively long process associated with studying the MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum), books, and utilizing my friend Google, resulted in success in the testing booth this morning.  Passed the 70-417 exam with good scores (925/887/833), with a minimum passing score of 700 necessary (see scoring sheet below).  This 70-417 exam is a shortcut to the 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412 exams.  Having previously achieved the MCITP certification, taking this single exam enabled me to achieve the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 certification.

Since my recent focus has been on virtualization technology (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V), next on the test taking agenda are the 70-246 and 70-247 certifications, which when passed will complete the exams required for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Private Cloud certification.

I’d love to knock out the these two certification exams during semester break (12/10 to 01/28), but have some other things on my agenda, that I may have to let slide (considering not taking the Java training class in mid January).