Tackling the New A+ Certification Exams

With the stress associated with the start of a new semester, I’m trying to achieve my commitment outlined in my previous blog post. That is to take the two new A+ certification exams before classes start on January 25th. The only day I have available between now and then, where there are open appointments at the local testing center, is next Tuesday (January 19th). So, voucher information in hand, I’ve made appointments to take the 901 exam in the morning and 902 in the afternoon.

Since so few people are taking the new exam (from my research, everyone is still taking the 800 series that will be retired in June), I have not heard a whisper on the forums about whether the exam is challenging. Only thing to study is the exam objectives (220-901 & 220-902) , so I’m going to look at them, and with access to Google, use the objectives as a single source relative to knowledge update.

It isn’t as though I can devote the entire week to exam prep. Due to faculty coverage issues, it looks as though most of the week will involve preparing to teach an Ethical Hacking course this semester (I was assigned the course late last week). I’ll report out after next Tuesday on my general thoughts relative to the exams. Hopefully they won’t be as challenging, with a lower degree of difficulty and my spending some study time with the exam objectives focus.

Steve