Introduction

Welcome to my new blog where I will highlight recent changes to industry certifications.  The focus will often be certifications I’m involved in working towards.  I hold a number of certifications from companies and organizations like:

Teaching in both an academic environment, with its 16 week courses, and in a “bootcamp” environment has taught me that both have their place in a training world.  Unfortunately the reality is that there is confusion about what works best for a particularly category of student.  For classic career changers, I strongly recommend the academic approach.  Unless you’ve been “in the business” for a while and have achieved that sort of person who is (1) a self starter, (2) lifelong learner, (3) who understands the capability of the Internet and Google to fill in those blanks in learning that are a direct consequence of the learning methodology, bootcamps are not for you.

What I’m looking into is a middle ground approach that provides the benefits of both methods in an appropriate blended format.  In future postings I’ll be talking about this and other learning ideas.

Steve