Next Certification Goal = CompTIA Server+

While I’m just about sure I took the CompTIA Server+ certification exam way back before the beginning of the century (can you recall Netware 3.12 days), it doesn’t show that I did so on my transcript that’s available on the CompTIA Certmetrics site. So I’ve decided to tackle that certification next. The SK0-003 is the newest version of the exam, issued in 2009. In certification exam terms, that makes the exam somewhat ancient. Nevertheless, given that it is one of the few certifications I apparently don’t have, I might as well get since with my employment status (as both a trainer and a college professor), I can take the exam at no cost (much better than the $261 retail cost for the exam).

Focal point for studying is the SK0-003 Exam Objectives. My sense is the exam won’t be all that challenging. I plan to study over the next week while I’m vacationing in Washington (fishing with my friend Howard). I will return from the trip sometime around July 7th and see if I can schedule the exam for a date shortly thereafter.

Steve

One thought on “Next Certification Goal = CompTIA Server+

1. I have been reading your blog for awhile and thought I’d share my thoughts. Having taken and earned a few certs I believe I can offer solid advice. Server+ is not that difficult. If you’ve passed the A+ exam, you have a very solid foundation to work with. Just refresh your memory on RAID, SCSI, and backups, and you should do well.

Good luck with the exam!!!